- Capacity: 400Gbps
- Modulation: 16 Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- With AC Power Module Fan
- Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier
The Ciena Waveserver 400G 2+10 EDFA provides a server-like experience for web-scale applications. It provides simple, scalable metro DCI in a rack-and-stack 1RU form-factor. Its design combines two key principles: best-in-class coherent technology and web-scale IT. It also incorporates WaveLogic 3 Extreme coherent optical processors to increase transport capacity and scalability, as well as to enable 400G of wire-speed encryption capacity. Built with a data center operations model, the Waveserver offers features and capabilities that facilitate server-like deployment, provisioning, openness, and programmability. Its entire lifecycle - from planning and ordering to provisioning and maintenance - has been simplified for ease of use and optimized for data centers.
- Runs on the Linux operating system, similar to a data server
- Fully programmable to set up connections manually or automatically through open APIs
- Communicates with Ciena or third-party applications via open REST API access